Friday, March 03, 2006

I haven't written for a while. And I have no one to blame but myself. Since my last post I graduated from Penn State, lived at with my parents for a month, live with my grandmother for two weeks, worked at a moving company, drove from Pennsylvania to California, and moved in with my brother and his wife in their Oakland apartment. It's been three weeks since I arrived here, and I've done nothing of value since.

I made some attempt to find a job. I found a great opportunity at the Danville Weekly, a small tab east of Oakland. I interviewed with them a week ago today, and still have not heard from them. I'm only a little discouraged that they haven't called yet. What really breaks my spirit is that I interviewed with Peet's Coffee Shop in Montclair (a fancy part of Oakland) and they haven't called back. If I'm not qualified to make coffee for people, then I really don't deserve to live, or make a living.

I'm lowering my sights to participating in focus groups and working a retail sales associate at a recreational equipment store. I'm really learning about what it feels like to have a college degree and still not be able to subsist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home